Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Don't ask me about the anti-gay amendment. I mean it.

I cannot write about the effort to use the U.S. Constitution, that brilliant beacon of personal rights and liberties, that glorious ode to democracy, as a vehicle for the denial of rights to a minority group based solely on an arbitrary Christianity-derived bigotry. The whole business enrages me past the point of lucidity. If I spend too much time thinking about it I'll go up like a Spinal Tap drummer.

While I hose myself down, please enjoy this charming moment with one of our proud senators from the great state of Oklahoma:

Senator Inhofe Showing His Ass

So touching, so heartwarming. I'll look away politely while you wipe away that tear. I can't wait for the episode where he talks about how proud he is that none of his children married outside their race! That SMUG SELF-RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITICAL PIECE OF REFUSE. That DISGRACE TO HIS STATE HIS COUNTRY HIS FUCKING PERFECT FAMILY AND HUMANITY AS A WHOLE.

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU IHATEYOUHATEYOUHATEYO-*floomp* *crackle*

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I ain't askin, but it seems to me that the key words here are "recorded history." It would have been a little cleverer, if not a little more honest, if he had flipped over the portrait to reveal another picture of a nice, sturdy door. "And this my friends is the closet...."


Try to err on the side of generosity
(I am so kidding)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of online users in last 3 minutes