Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Oh, lord, it's hard to be humble

Remember that song? Heh.

Just a quick note to point out that I was staggeringly right this week about:

1) Heroes, specifically the crucial nature of Peter's empathy and his need to reconcile his admirable feelings of connection to others with his budding autonomy of self;

2) That goddamn Snickers commercial that aired during the Super Bowl. Check out the complete timeline of the gay bashing Snickers commercial, which has now been pulled, as the Snickers wankers have come to fear that it might, possibly, when viewed in certain light, give the impression of being homophobic.

No! You THINK? Jackasses.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot even BELIEVE that/those commercials ever saw the light of day. It would have been more subtle to go the Aaron Sorkin route and just have a ''manly man'' standing there with a Snicker and a sign that said, ''The Gay Sex is Teh Gross''

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger StickyKeys said...

I'm going to have to do a think piece on this aren't I? Because I honestly think that Snickers commercial was the best thing that could ever happen to the Superbowl. I think maybe we're at the same idea but from different directions, but I thought it was absolutely perfect. Looks like I have some writing to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of online users in last 3 minutes