Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More cracker news

Remember my earlier post about the Great Wafer Caper of 2008? According to the latest post at Pharyngula, one of the raving morons who emailed a threat to Professor Myers (demonstrating his superior Christian love, of course) used his wife's work email account and got her fired.

I was listening to the Non-Prophets podcast yesterday as they discussed the bizarre story of PZ Myers and the sacred wafer, and I learned something I did not know: Priests have recently begun placing the communion wafer in the recipient's hand instead of directly into the mouth because of health concerns.

Am I to understand that Jesus's body bits are sacred but not guaranteed sanitary? How magical can this cracker possibly be if it can't even eliminate 99.9% of household germs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of online users in last 3 minutes