Thursday, May 11, 2006

Good night, sweet prince

First real American Idol shocker of the season: Chris Daughtry eliminated in the fourth place spot made popular by such luminaries as Tamyra Grey and Jennifer Hudson, if I recall correctly. (And please do correct me if I'm wrong.)



Shameless Katharine McPhee devotee that I am, I still expected to see her jettisoned this week and, yeah, she would've had it coming. The Elvis thing did not work for her at all. On strength of past performances I believe she deserves her spot in the top three, but that has always been a bit of a sticky wicket with this show: Are people voting from a perspective on a performer's overall talent or solely based upon each week's merits, one week at a time?

Who knows. (Who cares?) I sure didn't see the Daughtry boot coming, though. Best of luck to you, Chris, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Buffy said...

I mean, what's this all about anyway?

I get Idol on a 3 day delay....and I knew he got voted off before I even watched it. But somehow...I thought it was a joke.

It couldn't be!

It be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of online users in last 3 minutes