Sunday, July 30, 2006

I never knew yoga was evil!

Title link takes you to the "Praise Moves" site. Quotation below is from the gripping "Why a Christian alternative to yoga" section:

Yoga. It’s everywhere. In ads for everything from I.T. to ice cream, meditative supermodels sit cross-legged in the Hindu Lotus position, contemplating “nirvana.” There are yoga videos for pregnant mothers, senior citizens, toddlers and babies – even yoga for you and your dog! You can work out with yoga straps, blocks, bolsters and balls. The well-dressed yoga practitioner can wear her loose-fitting yoga togs, carry her yoga mat in her matching yoga tote and dress her daughter in Sesame Street yoga pants (featuring Elmo!). Since yoga is everywhere, it must be okay. Or is it?


I...don't know.

4 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh good grief. The link didn't work for me, but I suspect it is something that I have heard before. The only thing wrong with yoga is some of the stuck up folks doing it who have made being rich with free time a cult. (Using the term lightly, of course!)

Thank goodness that it is not popular in East Texas, or I know folks would be harping on it here!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Rees said...

Sorry--the site seems to be down now. I was just there, honest!

It's a bunch of superstitious nonsense about how Christians need protection from Hindu "spiritualism" and blasphemous activities like "leaving the body."

This workout steals from yoga but makes it "safe" for people who still believe in curses and making magic signs against enchantment. Very medieval.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. This sounds just like my grandfather, the ultra-conservative minister, who condemned meditation and yoga from the pulpit. Why? Because being "out of body" leaves your body ripe for the pickings--those big bad demons will just swooooop right on in.

*sigh*

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Okay, I saw the link. Yeah. Good grief.

I agree with Tense Teacher about being told what to do and not to do. This type of site makes me think that some folks really need to be out there helping the homeless or something....

And I need to be exercising. Period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of online users in last 3 minutes