Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Good Golly Miss Molly

So I found this astonishing (to me) information today:

Almost all female Mollies are pregnant. [...] most female Mollies will release babies about once a month. Female Mollies can deliver several batches of babies without a male in the aquarium. So once your female Molly is pregnant, you don't really need a male Molly for several months.


I see. I still blame TV's Fish Girl for telling me her life story instead of this, but I guess she might at least indeed have given me only Miss Mollies.

4 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Sassy Pants said...

Don't worry, they won't last long. And if they do they will replace the grown-up fish who die. Morbid, but true. Fish, sadly, have a short shelf (tank) life.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger CP said...

I'm just grateful my name isn't Molly.

whew.

CP.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Rees said...

Hey, I grew up with "Shelley, Shelley, bo-belly," so I don't want to hear anyone bitching about Molly.

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Antenna Installation Oakland said...

Thank you for writing tthis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of online users in last 3 minutes