Sunday, August 06, 2006

One more complaint, this time balanced by something I like

Something I Do Not Like:


I'm afraid I can't support this new trend toward so-called "skinny jeans." I'm not sure I could've pulled off (or pulled ON) those jeans back in my days of actually being skinny, but now? No. I'm still not fat, by any means, but I don't find these pants flattering even on the stick models. Heidi Klum wore some a couple of weeks ago on Project Runway and, as lovely as I find her in general, those jeans were fug.

There's a disturbing 80s revival of some sort going on. I've seen several young women wearing enormous low-slung belts over shirts lately. It still looks ridiculous.

Something I Like:

Invader Zim



I've always enjoyed cartoons, and the best Looney Tunes can still make me giggle like a child, but this new generation has some wickedly funny animated entertainment. I get a kick out of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, too, and my son is pulling me into Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, which has less edge but such a clever concept.

5 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah, after years of being told that we look fat unless our hips and thighs are balanced by a boot-cut, we are expected to embrace this??? No way.

I love cartoons, but I don't think so many of them are for kids anymore.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Rees said...

And the thing is, boot cut actually delivers what it sells! It really does make you look slimmer. Why fix what ain't broke?

Yeah, my kid's not allowed anywhere near "adult swim." I'm not even sure what the point of that is. I've never been a Southpark fan, either, so maybe I just don't get it. I confess a fondness for King of the Hill, however.

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zim! You have head pigeons! Go see the nurse before they spread to the other children!

....sorry. But you triggered me.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Rees said...

Ha! V. and I shriek "I am ZIM!" to each other totally at random all the time.

"Yes, my Tallest." Hee.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

I agree to be your love pig. Feel honored!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

You might also like to know that the Tick is back on Toon Disney, every night at 10:30 EDT. SPOON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of online users in last 3 minutes