Thursday, March 01, 2007

A funny thing happened to me on the way home from work today...

I found myself driving behind this van:




My cell phone camera can't handle action photography, so allow me to point out some particulars. First of all, the reddish rectangular object you see on the van's back window is, in fact, this bumper sticker:




In the interest of full disclosure I should say that I did NOT notice the 700 Club part, but the rest of the sticker is exactly the same. It is that precise sticker.

Enough to make my lip curl in and of itself, as it identifies Mr. Van as a narrow-minded self-righteous prig. Right?

Ah, but our Mr. Van defies such simplistic labels! He is a complex individual indeed. For the white splotch in the corner of the rear window is, I kid you not, one of these:




And he's got another to match on the opposite window.

What does it all mean? A narrow-minded self-righteous prig who makes exceptions in his self-righteous priggishness for nekkid chicks?

The saddest part is, I want there to be a contradiction, an irony, but there really isn't, is there? It makes perfect sense. This guy's context, his ethical system, has a place for objectified soft-core tits and ass AND anti-gay moralizing.

4 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I have to stop reading your blog. You keep pointing out things that make me hate people.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger StickyKeys said...

*ahem*sexy sexy*ahem*

I'm soooo sorry, but I couldn't resist! Get it girl!

Umm, that guy is a jerko in a creepy van.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Rees said...

Heh. I actually prefer this one:

http://reesshelley.googlepages.com/truckerbud.doc

I know jen. People are such a buzz killer. Why they gotta be like that?

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger The Other Girl said...

I believe he would be willing to suspend his anti-gay stance but only if it involved two hot nekkid chicks, pillows, and jello pudding. Because that's how self-righteous prigs roll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Number of online users in last 3 minutes